Friday, February 4, 2011

31 weeks, 3hr glucose and more IVs

Today was yet another busy day! It started out with my 3 hr. glucose which turned out to be about 5 hours because Juan accidentally took the orders with him to work and I had to wait to get orders from my doctor. They finally finished it up around 12:45pm. The tech was very sweet and showed me all the results except the last one because it wasn't done running. From the looks of things I will pass and this Chica will not have to deal with Gestational Diabetes.

At 3:00pm I had my 31 week appt with the MFM doc. Baby girls is weighing in at 3 lbs 10 oz witch puts her exactly in the 50th percentile for her gestational age. Four weeks ago she was in the 71st percentile, so I guess she is slowing down some. Her fluid was down slightly too at 13, but still normal! Overall the doctor felt good about how things are going. He wants to start my weekly NST's and AFI's (fluid measurements) starting next Friday. Brisa didn't cooperate like I wanted her to. The little stinker. They wanted to do some 3D pics for us but she was sucking on her cord and the tech said there was no way to get a face shot =( Hopefully next time!!!

On a little sadder note. I have to do 1 more week of IV antibiotics. I have not completely kicked the infection and my doc is a little worried. They do not know why I am not fighting infections the way I should. He thinks it might be pregnancy related. So a nurse should be here any minute to place another IV. This med is supposed to be strong and I am hoping that I am able to kick it this time around!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you passed the diabetes test - hope & pray these meds do the trick. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you passed the GTT. and I hope you can get rid of those antis soon!!

    And every time I read her name I love it all over again :)

    ReplyDelete