Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We set up a plan

I had my regular OB appt. yesterday and I voiced all my concerns to him. He helped to answer all my questions and he gave me dates to reach for certain things to happen. I talked him into giving me Procardia for the contractions. I just do not want to be running to L&D every time I start contracting. I am well aware that the Procardia will not stop real labor and I do not intend to use it for that reason, but it will help me to know if it is real or not. He also said he would do steroid shots between 26 and 28 weeks. I see him again at 26 weeks, so I am assuming that he will evaluate how my contractions were and if I have started dilating and then set a date for the shots. I told him I just have this feeling that she will deliver early and I can't seem to shake it. I know I can't predict anything, but it is almost like mother's intuition. I have had several dreams about it too. I know that doesn't mean anything, but the feeling is there. I feel better knowing that he is taking me seriously and not just brushing me off. We then talked about the inconclusive FFN test and he said he has never had an inconclusive test before. His only reasoning is that I wasn't exactly 24 weeks when they did the test. So we will just see how the next few days go and possibly re-do the test in a week or so. I am keeping my fingers crossed that labor holds off for at least another 6 weeks and then we are able to stop it until I hit 35 weeks. I have managed to hold out to 36 and 37 with the others, so we shall see!!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good talk with your dr & laid down a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that your doctor heard you out and you got everything off your chest. Plan is set and we will be praying that it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so good to hear that your doctor is taking you seriously and that you have a plan in place. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I was not sure how to contact you, but you have won my giveaway for the OBV rice bags and lipbalm at Dear Henry August -- for the 25 days of giveaways. Just email me here: mindybizzell@yahoo.com and let me know your address so I can get it out to you. Hugs!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete