Monday, November 22, 2010

20 weeks!

This is a few days late, but I have made it to 20 weeks and couldn't be happier. I only have one more milestone to hit with this pregnancy (which is Friday)and then I can no longer compare or worry about this pregnancy ending up just like Juanito's. I guess it means that it brings on a whole new set of worries for me. There are no guarantees in pregnancy. I have just decided that I have NO control of this and I need to be happy for each day that I get with her. I know that God is with us and he is guiding us through this.

On a different note: I have been feeling pretty good lately. I am def. feeling that full feeling you get as you progress in pregnancy. I can only imagine how it is going to feel when I'm 37 weeks. Noodle has started to move more, but she is still very inconsistent. Hopefully very soon I can start to recognize her patters better and know what she is doing. Having my placenta on the front of my uterus doesn't help any either. It really makes her movements harder to feel and also finding her heart beat is a pain. The placenta gets in the way all the timet. I have been thinking a lot lately about preparations for her. I honestly do not know when to start. When I was pregnant with Mitch I bought a whole bunch of premie clothes on sale for Christmas. I was only 19 weeks with him and his pregnancy turned out just fine. All of my kids have used premie clothes for about the first 6-8 weeks and I know that is something I will not get as gifts. I will be 25 weeks on Christmas and I want to go buy her some of her first outfits so bad, but I am scared! I wish that I didn't know any better and I could just go through this pregnancy in sweet bliss. I wish I could go out and buy everything I feel like we will need those first few weeks with out the fear of loosing her looming in the back of my mind. I just wish this was easier!!!

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are starting to feel more movements :) Yay for 20 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 20 weeks! It is so hard to truly let go and trust these babies will be coming home with us. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Michelle! So glad you are doing better. Just relax you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for 20 weeks and 24 weeks and then I will not have anything to compare to Chaya's pregnancy, so I know how you feel about reaching those milestones. Every step closer we get is more cause to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are doing so much better. Yay for 20 wks and movement.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand about you reaching milestones! I felt so much better after I reached the 20 week mark, but dangit its always in the back of your mind. Its scary to start getting the baby things out and I hestitated about setting up the crib. Its very helpful when the baby begins moving, my placenta is on the front of my uterus as well, so I feel your frustration! Good Luck!!! I am so happy that everything is going well this time around. I can't wait to get our two little rainbows together!!

    ReplyDelete