Monday, October 4, 2010

Sept. 13, 2010

Today I had yet another OB visit. I don't think I will ever get tired of going to the OB. My only problem is I work myself up so much that I am shaking and my BP skyrockets by the time I get there. I have yet to gain any weight with this pg and I am very thankful for that. I have been starving and eating so much food lately, so I was really worried. My BP however was 144/88 and my doc was worried that I have hypertension. I know I don't. It is just nerves doing their job. Hopefully by my next visit I can control them some and it will be lower. Dr. H was wonderful in answering all my questions today and instead of just using the doppler to hear the HB he took me into the US room and let me take a peek at Noodle. He is not as good at doing US's as his tech is but it was a beautiful sight and sound to see that little heart flickering away. Noodles Hb was 166 today and I was just so thankful everything looked good.

I also spoke to him about the NT scan and he told me all the things that they check for which regardless of what this LO could be born with I would NOT terminate and I would keep them and love them. So I chose not to get the scan. I know the risks involved with not doing it and I am just worried that it would cause me further stress during this pg if by chance something came back abnormal. I will do the blood work around 16 weeks and if anything comes back suspicious I will do further testing. I know how strongly many of you feel about that test and if there were any risk factors on either side of our families I would have not questioned it. I also know there are fluke things that can happen, but I have chosen to leave this in God's hands and just trust that He knows what is in my best interest.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to a great appointment, Michelle! Lucky you to see your Noodle again!! I never get tired of going to the Dr either. I look forward to going more frequently towards the end. For now, I am just thankful that everything is "so far so normal" this time around!

    ReplyDelete