Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My doppler finally arrived!!!

Yesterday I had some cramping during the day and it caused me to worry some. Of course I'm going to worry. I would be lying if I didn't say I worry all the time about every little thing that happens. On Mondays I go into my OB's office to get my progesterone shots, so I brought up my worries to the nurse, but my doc was at a delivery, so she said she would call me sometime today. Well it could have been too late if there really was an issue. I left not feeling too reassured, but I knew I needed to drink more fluids even though I have been drinking like crazy. When I walked through the door I downed a couple glasses of water and noticed several packages on the table for me. The first were some vacuum bags I ordered last week. Yay I can actually vacuum the house now!!! Then I notice the angel footprint decal arrived for my truck. I can't wait for the weather to cooperate so I can put them on. Then I noticed a larger package and I had no idea what it was. I knew I should be getting a few other things in the mail, but I was not expecting my doppler to have quite so quickly. I immediately locked myself in my room and had to try it out. When I was at my doc's office last week he was not able to find Noodle's HB with the doppler, so I had to give myself a lecture and make sure I would be OK if I was not able to find the HB I couldn't freak out. I started where the US tech told me baby was hiding and then slowly moved my way across my belly. I kept finding my own HB or hearing the placenta, but no baby. I just stayed calm and kept going. Finally way off to the right side and low I finally found that would thudding sound!!! Noodle's HB was beating away at 162bpm. It was a lot of fun to listen and I was able to call the kids in and they listened to their future siblings HB for the first time. It was a lot of fun. I had to take one more listen before I went to bed last night. I again found it way off to the right. I have been having a lot of lower right side pains and now I think I know why. Noodle has found a comfy spot on that side.

All in all I am very excited to have the doppler and I know I just need to have a lot of patience until Noodle is a little bit bigger!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have your doppler! I was so glad I bought one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you were able to find it!! I don't think I'd be able to remain calm. I've never gotten one just for that reason.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news :) Glad you have that reassurance. I would love one next time I am pregnant but I don't think I would know how to tell the difference between mine and the babies (I mean I know mine would be slower) because I have never has a doppler yield positive results yet. Hopefully one day I will hear my babies heartbeat... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad it came and u got some reassurance! Your moving right along yay!!

    ReplyDelete