Monday, October 18, 2010

Abdominal pains and my 15 week appt.

I have decided to just combine 2 posts so bare with me....

On Friday I woke up with some horrible lower right side abdominal pain. I called and my doctor was on vacation, so they told me to go to the ER. I had to wait for about 2 hours to get an ultrasound and I was so worried that I was abrupting again. The US showed no signs of an abrution or a bleed at all. Baby was doing great and the heart rate was perfect! My fluid was on the low side though. I have had to deal with this in 4 of my 5 pregnancies and it plain scares me to death! They told me that once I was sent home I needed to drink tons of water and take it easy. All other tests came back inconclusive, so I was asked to come back the next day for more. It turned out that I had an infection and I was placed on antibiotics. The pain has since improved some each day.

Today I had an echo on my heart to rule out abnormalities. As far as I could tell everything looked good. They found a murmur and so I will have to wait for the doctor to read everything to make sure, but it sounds like my heart is good for now.
I also had an OB appointment and ultrasound scheduled for today. I lost the 1 pound I had gained and my BP was excellent 124/72. That made me very happy. I thought that the ultrasound was first, but for some reason they scheduled the doctor first, so he decided to us his doppler to listen to the heartbeat. After about 5 minutes he was unable to find the heartbeat and I started to panic. All I could do was pray. My mom was trying to tell me everything was going to be OK and reassure me, but I could hear in her voice the panic that was building up inside her. I honestly didn't know what I was going to do if I lost this little noodle too. So we went back to the ultrasound room and all I could think was I had lost this one too. As soon as the tech put the probe on my belly I saw the little flicker of the heart and it was all I could do to not cry from relief. The heart was strong at 165 bpm. My fluid had come up some from friday's ultrasound which I loved. We even go a peek at the sex of the baby, but I am going to wait to announce until I have my next ultrasound to confirm. So all in all it turned out to be a good appointment. I just hope to never have that kind of a scare again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had that scare, but glad everything turned out ok! I hope this is your last scare too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was so scary! I'm so glad everything is looking ok.

    ReplyDelete